Thursday, March 1, 2012

Liege with the Grimards

So this was awhile ago now, I can't believe I'm just getting to it, but so much has happened since then I've been busy busy busy. A few Sundays ago, the Grimards came to pick me up from the Guesthouse so they could show me around Liege. After a quick drive we were there and we stopped to get some sandwiches to take back to their home. Their home is beautiful and right near the train station of Liege, very convenient.

I brought along this traditional Limburg(the province I'm living in) pie as a thank you. It was delish

After the showed me pictures of their trip to Venice and Italy we left to explore the city. It was Sunday so everything was closed, and it was also FREEZING, so we did most sightseeing by car and hopping in and out as fast as possible before our little toes and fingers fell off. It was fun though, and a great way to be introduced to Liege.

Great view from a top of the hill

Thats a lot of steps...

Catherine was very sweet and noticed that I was freezing in my North Face and itty bitty rain jacket since that was all I had since my big coat was stolen. She offered me this really nice down feather green jacket and is letting me keep it until it gets warm again. I couldn't be more thankful. Its such a great coat.

The Girls and I, Geraldine and Marie.


One of the beautiful churches

The steps from the other direction, needless to say, didn't climb them

Edgard's old school!
When we were too cold to move anymore we went back to their home and Catherine made the best hot chocolate I've ever had, and of course we had some Speculoos. Then Geraldine and I popped around youtube showing each other funny videos and our favorite music, it was fun. Afterwards we went to dinner where I had the best salmon of my life and then they drove me back to Maastricht. It was a great day, can't wait for more. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment