Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jenny Castro Week

I had the greatest 21st Birthday I could ask for. Full of friends, food, and things I wanted to do, just like it should be :]

I started my birthday off by munching on chips, guac and salsa. A sorely missed favorite. Allison and I made it and friends came over to watch Anchorman and wait for midnight to strike.

YUM


Allison got me a bottle of Champagne (such a sweetheart) and at midnight we popped the bottle and toasted my 21st in style. Unfortunately I had early class the next day so typical 21st birthday partying was delayed.

Allison also decorated our room. Adorable.

I had class from 11-1 and 4-6 so during the break Tiffany, Erica, Kathleen and I went to our favorite lunch spot: Violent Kebab from the train station. (The reason why we call it Violent Kebab is a long story...) It is so delicious. Best falafel I've ever had. It was such a beautiful day we ate it along the river.


Continuing with the eating theme (I obviously need to eat all my favorite foods on my birthday...) Catherine had Nancy and me over for some sushi and mini birthday cakes! Nancy's birthday was 2 days after mine so we shared the glory and made it our birthday week instead of days.

Birthday princesses and delicious cake

Catherine was making sushi for a meeting she was having and she let us eat the rejects! She is a perfectionist when it comes to her sushi so there were plenty of rejects to our delight. It was so delicious and I had been craving sushi for ages.


Nancy and I eventually headed back to our room where we were surprised by all of our friends waiting for us to have fondue! Allison threw it all together and managed to keep it mostly a secret. What a great roommate. It was so cute. More delicious food! Success.


Then the real celebration began. We hopped around to all the bars that give you free drinks for your birthday.


Free Champagne!

 My birthday was a lot of fun and I was surrounded by great people. I love it here. I couldn't have hoped for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment