Sunday, January 15, 2012

Last Hours with Elise


We left Wales and headed back to London for a day before Elise left to go back home. We got to our hostel around 11, checked in then went to go be Harry Potter geeks. We had to. 

Now, if only it actually worked... One can dream

Then we continued and went to Camden Market to get some souvenirs and gifts. ITS HUGE. Imagine the biggest flea market you have even seen and times it by 200 and you have the camden market. I swear, it never ever ends. You just keep walking and theres more and more stalls. A lot of them had the same touristy things, but some had some very cool items. I wanted to buy so much, but I was good.

Just a smidge of a smidge of the market

canals!

such a cool idea

more of the market

By the end I wasn't sure if my feet were working properly anymore, they were so tired. We then went to explore some famous sights, like the...

London Eye (unfortunately closed for maintenance)

and the Olympics countdown in Trafalgar Square

Also in Trafalgar square.

Oh hey there Big Ben

stone work baffles me. its so impressive!

We then got some dinner and headed to pick up my huge suitcase that my first hostel was so kind to let me leave there so I didn't have to lug it to Wales. I heaved and lugged it back through the tube station to our hostel, with a minor change of plans. We were SO CLOSE and then all trains on our line were stopped because someone had fallen or something underneath the train at a future stop. I hope they are okay... because they made me have the heave and lug twice as much as I should have had to... but we made it eventually and I almost slept through the night for the first time in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment