Sunday, January 22, 2012

More of London

After Elise left I got to walk to the train station and wait for the fabulous Sam Harrison and Jax! It was so exciting. I still can't believe we were in London at the same time! It was also great to finally meet Jax after hearing soooo much about her for sooooo long. We met up at the waterloo station and the adventure began. Jax used to go to school in London so she knows her way around quite well. She also used to work at Madame Toussauds so thats where we started. Got to go fo free which was great. It was a lot more cool than I expected a wax museum to be.


Some of the most beautiful people ever

After the wax museum we went to Picadilly Circus for lunch.

The mini predecessor to Times Square. (Also Harry Potter was here, so its cool)

Then we went to the London Dungeons (also for free!) and it was scary and fun and creepy and gross and amusing all at the same time. Sam almost died, I was terrified for her life. For reals.
Then it was dark! Crazy how time flies when the sun only stays up for such a short time. Sam wanted to see Big Ben so we went and wandered a little before Sam and Jax had to leave to see a show.

Love her

They went on their way and I went back to my hostel then met up with Lauren Deaderick (?!) So crazy. She is currently studying abroad at the London School of Economics and she found out that I was in London so we decided to catch up. We went to a pub with some of her flat mates and caught up the last 3 years of our lives. It was really great to see her. 

The next day I woke up early and went to the British National Museum. It was free and way cool. I wish I had more time there.

The Museum

I saw the Rosetta Stone! So cool

And I got to see the Olympic gold medals for this summer.

Then I went to meet up with Sam and Jax to go on a free tour of London. It was interesting... definitely could tell why it was free, but I learned some cool things. 

Buckingham Palace

Saw the changing of the guard

After the tour we were starving so we went to Convent Garden for lunch. Then explored around there a bit, then we went to Leicester Square to get show tickets to see Legally Blonde that night. Then we went to the Aquarium, also for free. Score. Saw some great fish.



Sea Turtles are magical

Finally we went and saw Legally Blonde. It was fantastic. Loved it. After we said our sweet good byes til June! Can't wait to hang out with them for 9 weeks straight :]


London was great. A little overwhelming with all the people all the time but I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment